How to build your career as a Financial Data Analyst? – Session 02
Event will start in
Welcome to another session on How to build your career as a Quantitative Analyst by Aditya Mehta (Quant Modeler & Ex. AVP Edelweiss)
To watch the recordings of the previous session click here.
Over the past few years the financial sector is characterized by constant change and innovation.
The growth of hedge funds and automated trading systems is the latest trend that has positively impacted on demand for quants in the industry.
In this session you will learn all about.
Day in Life of a Quant – to be covered in 10 mins
- As a Junior Analyst / Entry-level
- As a Manager (with 4+ yrs of Quant experience)
Real-life Quant use-cases in the Quant Finance Industry
- Inflation forecasting model – Macro Level Quants
- Retail Loan Application Scorecard building – Statistical Quant
- Value-at-Risk (VaR) calculation of Equity portfolio for market risk monitoring – Market Risk Quant
- Credit risk computation for Institutional Financial entities – Probability of Default, Loss Given Default, Exposure at Default – Credit Risk Quant
- Predicting real estate meltdown / Housing Price Crash – Research Quant
- Pricing of options using Black Scholes Model – Pricing Quants
- FX (Currency Spot) prediction using technical analysis / Algo-trading mini-version – Algo Trading Quants